On Board Games Season One Episode 003
Web Site: http://onboardgames.net/
RSS Feed: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/rss
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald, Scott, and Erik discuss board game reviews and ratings.
- Why Board Games with Scott is not a review
- Knucklebones Review policy
- BGG forum thread on ratings http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1386022#1386022
Reviews should take the audience into account
- Families playing games vs. Board Game Geeks
- Children's game ratings kidgameratings.com
What elements could have impact on the review?
- How do free games impact bias
- Pre game expectations, possibly due to financial outlay
- Graphics and components
- Adherence to theme
- Play group/play experience
Some things to consider when writing reviews:
- Value for money
- Game vs. game experience
- Avoiding outlandish or untrue statements
- Recognize your bias and try to control for it.
Magazines / Print resources
Games mentioned in the round table:
Scott and Donald discuss what we call games and why it matters.
- Traditional American Board Games
- American Style Board Games
- Designer Board Games
- Modern Board Games
To Erik, Scott, and Connie for their contributions and assistance.